Saturday, June 7, 2008

Bedazzled.....


I have come to the conclusion that I am over thinking this stuff....You have no idea how many ideas are swimming through my mind at any given moment. Like today....I suppose most people will not truly get the humor in this story because they don't know my teen daughter.

Small background.....She is a free spirit....I mean completely free spirit...the drummer she follows isn't in our galaxy....I can write way too many blogs on that alone. The football dream has ended quite quickly. Similar to the many other fancies that float by her in any given day. So I am relieved to say I won't have to go to football games to watch my feminist daughter this fall.....She has been doing a really fantastic job, above the call of duty types of chores for me so I rewarded her with some money.

Today is above 90 and super humid...So we made the trip out to the Holyoke Mall and the Yankee Candle factory....( for those of you not familiar with Massachusetts, I live near the center of the state and that is west of us by about an hour and a half, near the CT border) Our theory was AC in the car ride out there....AC in the Mall and YC Factory....AC at Trader Joe's....AC coming home....And we were gone from 11:30 am to 8 pm......SOOOOOO no hot apt without the AC on yet...(not till the 15th!) Good Plan......

Holyoke Mall is fairly large......So it takes a long time to walk around. I let my 14 yo have her taste of freedom trekking the mall (cell phone in tote...so I can make sure they are safe)...I gave her suggestions for treats....ie...shoes, shorts, books, moisturizer for her dry hair....the list goes on....She is super impulsive so my husband and I made a bet on her purchasing something super useless.....

For Christmas...she spent the entire 25 bucks she had to buy my stocking stuffers on tins of Altoids Cinnamon gum....they were on sale for 99 cents a tin....I still have twenty! And I still laugh hysterically when I put a new tin in my purse!....She rocks....my husband got 25 bucks worth of M&M'S....with a stuffed animal attached....every man needs a stuffed yellow M&M right?

So we enjoy our stroll alone as just a young couple in love. We stop for ice cream, holding hands and giggling. It is always nice to be able to have a few moments to yourself.....

Marie and Rose find us after splurging....Rose has shorts that are too short and a halter top that should not be sold in the children's section....she is for another blog....complicated....but by the way we knew she would do that......And then it was Marie's time....We are always excited to see what she holds in her bags......always something unexpected and usually something she will never use....it just happens to catch her eye.

It is hard to understand why this is funny unless I share my little tidbits about Marie. She is so funny and full of life. She is the loudest human being you will ever meet. She has the sweetest spirit about her....and she has a fantastic and enormous heart. Know that I enjoy everyday that she fills my life and home with laughter....

She loves tv commercial jingles....she can sing them all...Target, McDonalds, WalMart, Hess Gas, Polly Pocket, Monchichi, 99 Restaurant....you get the idea....if it has a jingle she knows it....she sings them frequently and loudly.....my husband yells out commercials sometimes to see if she knows the jingle....Mind you this is a kid that actually doesn't watch tv much....just happens to love the jingles....

Back to her bag......

I open her bag.....BEDAZZLER.......i high five my husband....I was right again....another impulsive useless thing that she could recite the jingle for....I love her! She never lets me down....I hugged her and laughed.....she wants to bedazzle her jeans, t shirts, purses....just like the commercial.....If you need something bedazzled....send it my way...I will have the jingle singer bedazzle your life......

She certainly has bedazzled my life with her sparkling personality....We didn't even need rhinestones!

Be well!

I hope you enjoy these blogs just a little...I certainly enjoy sharing my life with you!

1 comment:

The Schoonmakers said...

I am really enjoying your blog so far! This one made me laugh. Thank God for children!