Thursday, June 5, 2008

Football.....



I am going to force myself to sit down everyday and write something. Not everything will be meaningful....

When I got home today, my oldest daughter had forms for me to sign. She is 14 and going into HS in the fall...I find this to be most traumatic to me. I have only had her in my home and life since she was 9 and I feel that I was cheated of entirely too much of her childhood. I don't want to think of only getting 4 more years of her...Then again...when that 14 yo mouth starts going....4 years is entirely too long. I still think of myself as being 25. And the fact that my daughter will be in HS does not jive with my Peter Pan thinking....WAHHHHH....

So back to the forms.....she wants to try out for the HS football team....And when I tried to discuss the pros and cons....she said i was trying to steal her dream....I asked her why...Because the kids told me I couldnt.....so I know that if I put my mind to it I can do it...So there you go....My daughter is going to attempt to be a football star.....I am going gray just worrying about how this is going to end....but no sense in biting my nails....I am going to go on the ride with her and I won't steal her dream.....as much as it is killing me .....some of the best lessons are the most painful....OUCH!

Wasn't this meaningful......?

No comments: