Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Kids......




Ok, I know you were all biting your nails and didn't sleep last night because you were dying to know all about Marie's dance. I want to make sure you can all sleep tonight....

First of all, she was so beautiful last night. She is just growing up and I am really having a hard time with that....Let's see if I have come to terms with it when she graduates in 2012.....

She had so much fun. It was dark and the music was loud. She was bummed because she couldn't take pictures with her phone. BUT two out of this world things happened. She got to slow dance with the boy of her dreams AND Chris Brown was the last song played....And the DJ dedicated it to her. So she said "See Mom the world does revolve around me" As she danced around the living room. Although I wasn't sure if it was dancing or perhaps she was having some type of seizure...But I was right when I assumed it was dancing....I still maintain...sometimes you can't tell the difference.

When we adopted her, I thought she would be able to teach me rhythm because she was a latina...And we have all seen how well the sassy Latina girls can move...NOT my Marie! She has less rhythm than me....So she was of no help to me.

This fact and the fact that she can't carry a tune don't bode well for her all time dream to be THE AMERICAN IDOL or a choreographer.....She is so unbelievably close to being my clone...It is freaky...I mean what are the odds that I would adopt my clone.... someone just like me....well except the whole being on my own planet thing....She alone owns that!

These kids crack me up....The pool opened in our complex this week. We count the days to this beginning in March! It is only about 70 degrees out and they were totally into jumping in to the pool today. There are pool rules. One of which is putting your hair in a bun or wear a swim cap and another is no running and jumping in the pool...

Apparently there were people that weren't following the rules. I made Rosie search the home for a specific clip before she could go swimming. Needless to say, they both run into the apt to tell me that it isn't fair that they have to follow rules and NO ONE else ever does. And they wanted to know why they had to.....And I got to say the thing I hated the most when I was growing up...but as a parent is totally fun to say....You can't say it often but sometimes you have to.....i said...."Because I am your mother and I said so".....They both shrunk into their chairs, deflated....You can't argue with Mommy logic!

Then Rose said..." Sometimes I wish you were a bad mom like the moms that don't make their kids listen" Man, that made me bust a gut.....I actually was quite proud of myself when she said that....because I was certainly expecting to hear that I totally suck! Bonus points!

BTW, the picture is just the Bald Eagle at the Ecotarium in Worcester, MA. He rocks and it was something different than yet another picture of my kids!

AND my sister rocks....I heard that she reads these blogs and so she now gets her byline...See I told you if you let me know who you are...I would mention you....

Oh yeah...I have to keep that promise....Thanks, Michelle, Jess and Jen ( my college roommate) You all rock and I appreciate your kind words and the encouragement that you are giving me....Thank you....

Me!

Be Well....I don't think it is that great of a catch phrase....But I haven't found one yet sooo that is what you get right now!

No comments: