Tuesday, June 17, 2008

We will miss you, Tim Russert!

I try to say something interesting in the title. And that title certainly may not seem as though it has anything to do with this picture...

but it just may....

If you aren't aware of this. NBC Washington Bureau Chief, Tim Russert, passed away on Friday afternoon. Doing what he loved, working on Meet the Press. I suppose if anyone out there knows anything about me, they know I love the news.

I actually become quite fond of the reporters that I watch on TV ever day. And I was saddened when I heard that Tim died, as was most everyone on TV. This weekend, I watched NBC every time I knew the news was on. I watched Meet The Press, then watched the replays on other news shows....Yes I know dorky...But I really get into this stuff. I learned a lot about Tim Russert. He was an honorable, kind, giving, wonderful man with an amazing legacy for his son.

He was the most proud of his son. What a wonderful young man he seems to be from the interviews and pictures. And by all accounts Tim truly was as wonderful and gracious as they are portraying him.

So this makes me think of my own legacy. What do I leave my own children? I haven't quite got that figured out yet. But I can only hope and pray that they know that I love them with all of my heart and soul. I hope that they know how proud I am of them and how much I believe in them. I hope they know that I spent hours and hours praying to God that I would teach them everything they need to know and that I would be a good example to them. I have not accrued riches or celebrity...But I have a family that I adore and I am happier than I could have ever imagined I would be. (yes even with all of the obstacles that we face)

My children are what I have to show for my life's work. All of my blood, sweat and tears have gone into these children and I am proud of our accomplishments thus far. We have many miles yet to go....But as I said...I am not through yet....

I will miss seeing Tim every morning on the Today Show. I pray that his family find comfort in all of the well wishes of those who cared for him so deeply.

Sorry, Kris...this Marie going into HS thing is really making me sentimental. No funny stories to share...Wait till after Thursday, when school is finished....I am sure they will give me more stories....Plus you know I have tons in my head.....Just haven't found the right day to write them....

Be well.....

No comments: