Sunday, June 21, 2009

Making Decisions

Man, I am continually disappointed in my ability to be a faithful writer on this blog. I love this blog and I love my blogging buddies. I have been running ragged lately and don't find that I am going to say anything inspirational so I don't want to just waste your time with continual complaining. So I don't write. Then I become shame filled at the fact that I don't discipline myself to write at least something every day.

Then I say.....K, get a stinking life and shut up!

The last month has brought many adventures in our home. But let me just say I am tired. I am frustrated and seem to be feeling quite sorry for myself as of late. AGAIN....clearly we may need more happy pills, should this tide continue to flow as it is!

Rosie...is just her usual self. There isn't anything tragic to report. Her and I continue to play tug of war. I know it isn't effective parenting....but sometimes....I just have to win. Sometimes, Daniel Hughes and Attachment parenting just doesn't get my desired result and I have to win. Hopefully there are others of you out there and you can say AMEN!

Yesterday she tell me that her Chorus teacher told her that she HAS TO HAVE NEW BLACK CAPRIS by monday because they have another chorus concert and she will be the only that doesn't have a new pair of capris....Although, I am well aware that this is totally bogus...and if it is true then the Chorus teacher should be purchasing them! But she had been having a relatively decent day so I was sort of interested in humoring her. But I know her very well and she doesn't wear capris unless they are jean clam diggers so I knew this would be a one and done with these capris...and thus not going to pay a great deal for them. I took her to Ocean State Job Lot...Isn't that where you go when you think discount clothing? lol....they have such a hodge podge of stuff so I figured we could find something.

I was gonna focus on Marie but hey why stop with Rose.....lol....I went to the "clothing" department and found some really cute black dress shorts but all of them were too small or too big so then I found this pair of BLACK linen capris....they had string on the bottom to tie as loose or tight as you wanted, I assume to make them the desired length. She said they were not very stylish and she would rather wear nothing then wear those hideous capris....I sat them back on the rack and said...."good luck with that"...I walked away. I found my husband and we browsed the store.. She found a slinky teddy that could be a dress if I let her get it and these cute flip flogs.... so I asked "what does this have to do with the black capris" she rolled her eyes and said "fine I wooooooon't get them...geeeeeeez! why do you have to be so disrespectful" HA....but I kept my mouth shut=)

We meandered for another 10 minutes AND then I was no longer amused. I told her to pick or I picked....knowing that my choice was the only choice she really had. She huffed and puffed and said "fine have it your way! You are a bully anyhow...I don't know why I bother to to fight with you...You are so mean!" I smiled her and said..."Indeed, my love, I am not sure why you fight me, either! I love you!"

Tomorrow is the chorus concert and she spent the better part of the evening scheming about what she can wear instead....Well...I feel satisfied that I only paid five bucks for them so no big loss and she can do some chores to pay me back for my wasted generosity...Although, I don't feel like it was wasted....

I will let you know tomorrow....What lessons were learned!

Love you all!

K

1 comment:

The Sweeney Seven said...

Hi there! I'm fairly new to the blog world. Yours has been one of my favorites. I can relate to your RAD life, though my experience with RAD has been with the under 6 crowd. I loved this post. At least you know with her quotes that she has been listening and taking in some your guidance. :). Disrespectful! HA!
Brittney